This course is intended to take participants step-by-step through the project management process and to provide an “all round” introduction to project management. Case studies, examples etc. will be used throughout the day to illustrate key points.
This course will include coverage on:
- Programme overview- the Key Phases of the Project
- Types of projects
- Agreeing the initiative concept/ idea
- The Feasibility/ Analysis Research phase including ROI and risk management
- The detail planning and design
- Change Management methodology
- Problem Solving & diagnostic techniques
- The people issues difficult situations & effective meetings
- Customer/ client charters and potential negligence issues
- The budgeting / financial implications e.g. income generation and cost reduction initiatives
- Introduction to time management
- The control mechanisms
- Effective implementation & progress reviews Audit reviews
This workshop helps delegates appreciate the technique of planning effectively and the best practice control methodologies to minimise risk and secure greater success.
Who Should Attend
The day is aimed at managers in public sector and voluntary bodies, who are (or are likely to be) managing small to medium projects.