This book will be of interest to all those with an interest in developments in Arms Length Management Organisations, including Board Members, Senior Management and Housing Managers in Arms Length Management Organisations, Elected Members and Officers in Local Authorities with Arms Length Management Organisations, Housing Accountants, Civil Servants and Tenant Representatives. The book assumes a basic knowledge of local authority housing finance but does not assume that readers are experts.
The book covers:
- Self Financing for Local Authorities following the Communities & Local Government / HM Treasury review of the financing of council housing
- Changes to the Regulatory Framework – The Tenant Services Authority, Standards and the extension of regulation to local authorities and arms length management organisations
- Addressing the Efficiency challenge – Value for Money, Procurement, Inspection, Service Level Agreements, Linkages to the Comprehensive Area Assessment, Comprehensive Spending Review and the squeeze on public finances
- Options for Income Generation – New business, Management, New Build, Registration
- Service Charges
- Accounting issues – Pensions and , Financial Reporting Standard (FRS17), Taxation, , Capital Accounting, International Financial Reporting Standards Local Authority Statement of Recommended Practice (SORP)
- Arms Length Management Organisations and Stock Transfer
- Relationships between Arms Length Management Organisations and Local Authorities
This book is excellent value at £30 plus £3.25 postage and packing. It was published in 2009. To order a copy please click the 'add to basket' button below.
(Please note that you can pay by debit or credit card. To do so, please select 'paypal' from the payment options).